What the hell is a Spatchcock? It’s definitely not the first thing that popped into your head I assure you.
No, it's not a sexual technique, but it is a technique…
It is a way to prepare a bird, such as a turkey, chicken, or game hen for grilling, baking, or broiling.
This technique allows the bird to lay flat, about the same thickness throughout, which allows it to cook evenly.
I’m introducing spatchcocking now because I have a great EASY new recipe I just tried that knocked my socks off. And I guarantee you, if you cook this for your dates, it might knock off far more than her socks!
Try this ASAP!
BROILED LEMON BUTTER GARLIC CHICKEN
What You'll Need:
- 1 chicken (Spatchcocked, and brought to room temperature)
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted but not hot
- 5 or 6 cloves of garlic, minced and/or mashed. Use more garlic if ya want!
- Zest of 1 lemon, and the juice from it
- 1 lemon cut in half for broiling
How to Make It:
- Bring oven to broil for at least 10 minutes to get really hot.
- Spatchcock the chicken. Mix the butter, garlic, and lemon zest together.
- Separate the skin of the chicken from the meat GENTLY by running your finger underneath all over the chicken without breaking the skin.
- Stuff the lemon butter mixture under all the skin, coating the meat completely.
- Broil the meat for 10 minutes skin side up, 10 minutes skin side down, then 10 more minutes skin side up.
- Once it registers about 165 degrees, take it out and let it sit for at least 10-20 minutes. (If you don’t have a broiler, try baking at 450 degrees for apx 45 mins to an hour)
Then eat the hell outta that bad boy!